College records show that the first AGM of the Union of Ex - students of the Queensland Agricultural College was held on 12 August 1905,when it was decided that the name be changed to the Queensland Agricultural College Old Boys Union. At the following AGM on 10 August 1906 the name was changed yet again to the Agricultural College Ex - students Club.
Circa 1914, the Club was disbanded due to the high enlistment of College Old Boys into the armed services and low College enrolments- in 1914 there were 9 Third Year and 8 Second Year students.
At a meeting held on 23 November 1926, past students and students leaving College at the end of 1926 decided to form an Old Boys' Association.
The first General Meeting was held at the College on Diploma Day, 14 December 1926. Twenty-five Old Boys were present.
Meetings have been held regularly since then. For many years, Annual Meetings were held in Brisbane during Exhibition Week. 'Back to College Weekends' were initiated during the 1980s, and now the Annual General Meeting is held during the 'Back to College Weekend', usually the first weekend in December. Many Past Students look forward to the event and return regularly. A special effort is made to arrange for graduates of 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60 years to return, but of course, all are welcome. Former staff members also enjoy an annual reunion as part of the weekend’s activities.
Branches of the Association have been established throughout Queensland and meet regularly at Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Bundaberg and Mackay. Establishment of new branches is encouraged.