Discover more about the programs on offer at UQ Gatton Campus!
UQ Gatton is home to the School of Agriculture and Food Sciences and the School of Veterinary Science. Come the the Open Day on August 20 to talk to academic, technical and support staff as well as current students about career options and life on Campus.
To ensure you get the most out of your Open Day experience, it is recommended that you register for the sessions that are of particular interest.
General Information Sessions
Accommodation Options | Session times TBC
Disability Services | Session times TBC
Scholarships and Prizes | Session times TBC
Academic Information sessions
Veterinary Science | Session times TBC
Become a fully qualified veterinarian through UQ’s Veterinary Science (Honours) program taught at our award-winning Gatton campus where you will access world-class facilities, teachers, research and knowledge that make this program one of the finest across the globe.
Agribusiness | Session times TBC
Learn how to market, finance, and manage people and technology along the value chain that links producers with consumers, in one of the leading agribusiness programs in the country.
Certificate and Diploma Courses | Session times TBC
The University of Queensland's Gatton Vocational Education Centre (UQ-GVEC) offers a range of applied rural educational programs and courses that are innovative and not traditionally offered via the Universities academic programs.
Veterinary Technology | Session times TBC
Study Veterinary Technology at UQ and access world-class facilities, teachers and knowledge as you develop into a para-veterinary healthcare specialist, working in animal health and welfare.
Sustainable Agriculture | Session times TBC
The world’s population is expected to reach 10 billion by 2050 and environmental pressures on our planet have never been greater. How will we distribute our resources? How will we produce enough food and fibre to feed and clothe us all? Sustainable Agriculture is part of the solution.
Equine Science | Session times TBC
Humans and horses have shared a close relationship for thousands of years. In this three-year Bachelor of Equine Science program, you’ll learn how to improve the management, performance and welfare of horses in the equine industry.
Bachelor of Science | Session times TBC
Companion animals, production animals and wildlife play important ecological, economic and social roles and it is increasingly recognised that animals are important for and human health and wellbeing.
Wildlife Science | Session times TBC
This three-year Bachelor of Wildlife Science program provides you with a career pathway working with native and exotic animals.
Agricultural Science | Session times TBC
Help feed the world – choose a major in animal or plant science, understand how agricultural practices can be increased sustainably, and prepare to be in-demand in the commercial food industry with this comprehensive and vital program.
Tours and Activities
Half Hourly Tours | 9:30 - 14:00
- Living on Campus visit the Halls of Residence rooms
- Campus take a quick bus ride around the greater campus
- Vet Medical Centre see the inner workings of a working clinic
- Clinical Studies Centre see where vet students do most of their prac work
Hourly Tours | 10:00 - 14:00
- Equine Precinct get a close look at some of our equine residents
- Community Garden take a stroll through the students’ veggie patch
- UQ Sport Gatton Fitness & Aquatic Centre here’s how to stay in shape while studying
- Laboratory bring your smartphone for a 360º view of a lab in action
Set Time Tours and Activities
- Detection Dogs in Agriculture | TBC | watch these amazing dogs finding hidden treasures
- UQ Gatton Vocational Education Centre Tour | 10:30 | observe the many practical components of our vocational education studies
- Dairy Tours | 11:15 and 13:45 | find out how UQ Gatton produces over a million litres of milk a year
All Day Activities
- Entertainment Precinct enjoy music and food in the shade of the gum trees
- Wildlife Precinct see a cute koala and watch the regular reptile shows!
About Open Day
Learn about careers in agriculture, agribusiness, animal studies, veterinary science, plant science, food and the environment at our Gatton Open Day. Talk to staff and hear from current students about the range of exciting opportunities available to UQ Gatton students and graduates.
Must do activities
There is a lot on offer at Gatton Open Day and these are our must do's:
- Visit the Central Walkway to speak with staff about programs, courses and career options
- Watch a live demonstration of detector dogs used in Agriculture
- Visit the Gatton Research Dairy and Veterinary Science facilities
- Attend an information session